Monday, September 21, 2009

Long bike... even longer trailer


Last Friday my boys wanted to go to the playground. There is no way I could haul them, my bike, and their trailer up the hill to my house, so I cheated and loaded them and my stuff in my truck and drove 2 miles to the bike path by the river. We loaded up the Xtracycle with toys, lunch, clothes, and potty training supplies, and were off. We ended up at a playground a few miles away, and they ran around til they were nearly incapable of walking. Snacks and a picnic were had by all, and we loaded up and rode back to the car. "I like bike rides, yeah, me too" were clearly heard from the peanut gallery I was towing behind me. That was the highlight of the trip for me.

On a technical note, the Xtracycle initially proved challenging to attach my trailer as it had been intended- at the rear wheel axle. I intend to make a double seat setup for the snapdeck as many have done on the internet, but for now this works. Turns out attaching it to the rearmost part of the X, where the Freeloader frames join the Freeradical frame works fine. In fact, it was way smoother than the original bike had been with a trailer. The tail wags the dog no more. It's just LONG.

Worked great, kids loved it, I'm a happy rider. Life's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment